Assert provides the following services
- One to one support, advice and advocacy
- Benefits advice and support
- Monthly drop in for autistic adults
- Monthly mutual support group for parents, partners and carers of people with AS/HFA
- One to one support for parents, partners and carers of people with AS/HFA
- 3 social events and activities for autistic people each month
- Coffee Club
- Resource Library
- Monthly Peer Discussion Group
- Monthly Physical activities
- Support for people with AS/HFA in accessing volunteering opportunities with other charities and community groups
- Two Life Skills courses
- Exploring Autism Course
- One-to-one sessions on Resilience and Self Management
- A monthly well-being walking group
- Training for organisations on Autism Awareness
- Training and ongoing support for volunteers
Other services of Assert
Assert can provide information and advice to services and organisations that work with people with AS and HFA.
Assert can provide training to other professionals wanting to increase their knowledge of working with people with AS and HFA. Please get in touch for more information.
Assert can support other not-for-profit organisations wanting to recruit new volunteers by using our matching service and placing our members with your group as a volunteer.
Assert promotes, encourages and supports good practice in working with people with AS and HFA.
Assert also participates in campaigning and lobbying for Autism rights.