Mentor with Assert
About this volunteering opportunity
Assert provides volunteer mentors to work 1:1 with autistic adults and also runs a monthly social drop in group and monthly walking group. The role of a 1:1 mentor is to meet regularly at an agreed location and to offer support, this could include:
– Assisting with using public transport
– Budgeting skills-managing money
– Safety with money in the community
– Daily living skills-laundry shopping, cooking, cleaning etc
– Social skills- reciprocal conversation, talking in groups, eating out etc
– Employment opportunities- identifying own skills, CV creation, applying for a job, interview skills etc.
– Education – identifying courses, applying to college/university/adult learning/study
– To accompany on shopping trips / courses / accessing services etc..
– Time Management- self organisation, contacting companies, using the telephone etc.
About this organisation
Assert supports autistic adults through case work, one to one support and group activities.
Induction, training and support offered with this opportunity
Autism awareness training in given with this position and on-going support is provided. The opportunity to gain experience and to develop wider skills.
Skills or experience needed for this opportunity
Skills or experience needed for this opportunity Minimum age: 18 years. Knowledge and understanding of Autism is desirable. Patience, clear communication, non-judgemental attitude.
The contact person for this opportunity is Kathryn Chuck, 01273 234850 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expenses are paid for this opportunity.