Volunteer Group and Activity assistant
The aims of the organisation
Assert (B&H) is a small charity, dedicated to the welfare of autistic adults and their families who live in the city of Brighton and Hove. Assert (B&H) support autistic adults and their families in Brighton & Hove. We provide advocacy and offer assistance with: gaining diagnosis/receiving support from statutory services, housing, benefits, education etc. We raise awareness locally and provide accessible social opportunities for members, offer practical support and more.
Skills/qualifications that would be useful
Keenness to celebrate diversity
Ability to respect individuality
Ability to use initiative
Ability to work flexibly
Reliability and time keeping
About this volunteering opportunity:
– Assisting with facilitating the monthly Assert drop-in
– Assisting with facilitating activites and events
– Helping to run and organise activites/events/drop-in
– Putting service users at ease
– Encouraging reciprical conversation
– Providing support to both staff and service users.