Volunteer Group and Activity assistant
The aims of the organisation
Assert (B&H) is a small charity, dedicated to the welfare of adults with Asperger syndrome (AS) or High Functioning Autism (HFA) and their families who live in the city of Brighton and Hove. Assert (B&H) support adults with Asperger syndrome (AS) or High Functioning Autism (HFA) and their families in Brighton & Hove. We provide advocacy and offer assistance with: gaining diagnosis/receiving support from statutory services, housing, benefits, education etc. We raise awareness locally and provide accessible social opportunities for members, offer practical support and more.
Skills/qualifications that would be useful
Keenness to celebrate diversity
Ability to respect individuality
Ability to use initiative
Ability to work flexibly
Reliability and time keeping
About this volunteering opportunity:
– Assisting with facilitating the monthly Assert drop-in
– Assisting with facilitating activites and events
– Helping to run and organise activites/events/drop-in
– Putting service users at ease
– Encouraging reciprical conversation
– Providing support to both staff and service users.